Green, crunchy guavas are behind in season, and we can’t be more thrilled. Freshly cut guavas with a pinch of chaat masala can perk up a dull, gloomy day.
A host of additional benefits makes this fruit a traditional favourite. Guavas are an inexpensive GI fruit and do not increase blood sugar levels.
Therefore, it is the best fruit for hormonal irregularities. Diabetics and heart patients can also exercise this nutrition-packed fruit.
Health Benefits of Guava
1. Guavas are exceptionally rich in vitamin C, lycopene, and antioxidants advantageous for the skin.
2. Guavas are also abundant in manganese, which helps the body absorb other vital nutrients from the food.
3. They contain folate, a mineral that helps promote fertility.
4. The potassium in guavas helps normalize blood pressure levels as well. Banana and Guava include almost the equivalent amount of potassium.
5. Guavas are also suitable for your skin, as they contain about 80% water, which supports keeping your skin hydrated. Another reason this fleshy and fragrant fruit performs such a hit in the health and fitness circuit is its immense ability to aid weight loss.
Why is Guava Ideal for Weight Loss?
Guavas are packed with proteins and good-quality fibre. Both protein and fibre take longer to digest, which keeps you full for a longer time and prevents you from bingeing on other fattening foods. In addition, the high fibre content of guavas helps regulate your metabolism. Guavas, especially those that aren’t fully ripe, have far less sugar than apples, oranges, grapes, and other fruits.
Guavas are rich in dietary fibre and fulfill about 12% of your daily recommended fibre intake, making them an excellent fruit for all your tummy pains. In addition, Guava eaten or used in any form helps better bowel movement and improves healthy digestion. A healthy digestion further supports a healthy weight loss.
Guavas are low on calories too. One hundred grams would give about 52 calories and little fat. So Guava is an illustrious member of the ‘harmful calorie food. Guava burns more calories than it contains.
How Can You Include More Guava?
One must improve the intake of guavas to obtain its maximum benefits. Hold them at snack or breakfast, add a dash of black salt and squeeze lemon for the body to assimilate its nutrients well. You can also hold them in smoothies, juices, and fruit salads.